Dessert can sometimes be the most important part of any meal so a delicious cold treat is in order. Ice Cream is a top favorite of mine so using that to create a dessert dish to share is a must especially during those hot summer days. Ice Cream Dessert uses any flavor of ice cream and cookies you want with the one I made using Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Another great flavor variation I love for this recipe is using Cookies & Cream Ice Cream (Note: Is my favorite ice cream flavor) with Oreo cookies! It is a simple dessert to make up however it has to setup in the freezer 6 to 8 hours or overnight after making it so a little planning ahead is needed to be able to enjoy this dessert for a specific time.
Sometimes the product alone can sell a design just fine when photographed just right. The Ice Cream Dessert just looks oh so delicious on its own so toke a photo with the dessert at an angle with a black background. The black background was created by using a plain black t-shirt I have since did not have a black surface or table cloth to use. The design layout was the main photo to the right using 75% of the available space and the remaining 25% used for the logo with design elements. The main color scheme taken from the photo was brown in two shades one matching the color of the chocolate syrup while the other matching the cookie crumbs.
To give the design area a little more I created a motif that was ice cream inspired since who isn’t inspired by ice cream. At the main core of the motif, is your well know ice cream scoop with the circular scoop head and side lever. The three circles are to represent different types of ice cream; ice cream with swirl like fudge, ice cream with chunks like cookies, and lastly ice cream with multiple flavors like vanilla & chocolate. Motifs can be useful in design but it has to have meaning for it to work so doing your research and brainstorming helps with that. Now the logo was given the ice cream parlor feel by using a font that fits in that style. To add uniqueness, the “I” in “Ice” for the logo was changed to an image of an ice cream cone since when it comes to ice cream that is probably the most well know way of seeing it.